In this podcast hosted by Lucas Rockwood, you will learn:
- Why head and chin position is foundational for proper posture which leads to core strength and stability
- Why pelvic floor tone is a follower, not a leader, meaning you need to sort out your movement patterns to best effect change
- Why tight and weak are usually the enemy while flexible and strong are usually the treatment
- Why we must have basic, functional fitness capacity such as the ability to do a push-up, pull-up, and squat
- Why Kegels and Mula Bandha can be the wrong choice for some people
In this podcast hosted by Stephanie Keenan, you will learn:
- Pregnancy is not a prerequisite for a weak pelvic floor. The same as pregnancy does not mean you must suffer from incontinence.
- I think not squatting enough and sitting at desks is more of a risk factor for long term pelvic floor health.
- Something as seemingly unrelated as an old ankle injury could result in a weak pelvic floor.
In the podcast hosted by Rick Kaselj, you will learn:
- Who is Dr. Sarah Duvall?
- Biggest health concern women have after giving birth
- What is Diastasis?
- 2 Most Common Signs That You Have Diastasis Recti
- Do’s and Don’ts of Diastasis Recti exercises
- Why Abdominal Separation leads to back pain
- 3 Signs and Symptoms of Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Why kegels aren’t enough for your tight pelvic floor
In this podcast hosted by Jason Leenaarts, you will learn:
- Diastasis is more common than thought in both women and men
- What is Diastasis Recti and how to heal it?
- Exercises not to do with a Diastasis
- The most helpful exercise for Diastasis (won't be what you think!)
- Why breathing matters for Diastasis
- Tips for pregnancy and how to minimize Diastasis postpartum
- Breathing techniques for exercise
In this podcast hosted by Denise Conway, you will learn:
- How your pelvic floor works WITH the rest of your body
- Don't give up too soon!
- Thoughts on healing prolapse
- Discussion of the programs offered by Core Exercise Solutions and how they came about
- Why healing your pelvic floor is needed to heal your Diastasis Recti
- Don't be afraid of a setback, it is a learning moment!
In this podcast hosted by Adam Willis, you will learn:
- The key areas of focus Post-Partum
- What Diastasis Recti is, how to assess it
- Why the Pelvic Floor is often hugely over-looked, the importance of addressing it and why endless hours of Keagals can actually be to your detriment
- The impact that correct breathing mechanics, addressing posture and diaphragm position have on recovery Post-Partum and why they're the key areas of focus when addressing Diastasis Recti
In this podcast hosted by Menachem Brodie, you will learn:
- How to return to triathlons and running after diastasis and prolapse
- How to come back stronger than ever before
- The importance of breathing and how it can boost performance, and improve recovery and overall wellbeing
In this podcast hosted by Shannon Crow, you will learn:
- What is pelvic organ prolapse
- Why breathing correctly is important for pelvic health
- How to recognize if you are straining or bearing down
- Advice for yoga teachers on how to accommodate and support those with prolapse
In this podcast hosted by Kate Jaramillo, you will learn:
- The pelvic floors connection to the rest of the body
- Prenatal do's and don'ts for pelvic floor and diastasis prevention
- Postpartum fitness for body repair and strength
- How to prepare the pelvic floor for postpartum health
- What is Diastasis Recti
In this podcast hosted by Dave Smith, you will learn:
- The top 3 postpartum conditions
- What is prolapse and what causes it
- All about pelvic floor dysfunction
- Should you lift weights?
- How to breathe during exercise
- How to avoid pressure on your pelvic floor while lifting
- Thoughts on group fitness, heavier weights, reps, and effort during workouts
In this podcast hosted by Dr. Mike Wasilisin, you will learn:
- How to move past injury (from birth, etc) and set yourself up for healing successfully
- Why breathing properly is key during pregnancy to prevent diastasis and pelvic floor issues
- Why women tend to clench their glutes during/after pregnancy
- How pregnancy can impact different parts of the body
- Why you don't want to jump back into exercise too quickly postpartum
- Information on diastasis, prolapse, and leaking